1. Article Submission Form.All authors indicated in the article must sign and send to the editorial office the «Article Submission Form». In addition, the article must have a covering letter (on a pre-printed form with a seal affixed) signed by the head of the institution at which the work has been performed, or his deputy. The covering letter should indicate that the material is being submitted for publication for the first time. The letter must be scanned and sent by e-mail as a separate file (in jpeg or pdf format).
2. Copyright. By submitting the article and accompanying files for publication in the journal, the author (as well as all authors of this work, if it is created in co-authorship) agrees to grant GEOTAR-Media the exclusive and perpetual right to use the work for free (exclusive, perpetual and gratuitous license) on the territory of Russia and foreign countries:
3. Publication language.Articles from any country in Russian and/or English may be presented for publication in the journal. Articles by foreign authors written in English can be published by the decision of the editorial board with a translation of the title, summary, keywords into Russian. The full translation of the article is carried out by the decision of the editorial board.
4. Preparation of articles.
4.1. General rules. The article should be printed in Times New Roman or Arial font, font size 12, line spacing – 1.5. The page format is A4, the left field is 3 cm, and the other fields are 2 cm. All pages must be numbered. Do not use the automatic hyphening. The spelling and punctuation of the article should be carefully checked. The entire text of the article (title page, summary, keywords, text of the article, tables, list of cited literature, information about the authors) should be written in a single MS Word file. The file with the text of the article should be named after the first author of the article (e.g.: Ivanov. Text).
The volume of original articles should not exceed 15 pages (including not more than 3 figures and not more than 3 tables, summaries and references), the volume of reviews – no more than 20 pages and 5 figures, critiques and informational messages – no more than 3 pages.
If the article is written in Russian, the obligatory translation of metadata into English (the author's full name, the official names of institutions where the authors work, addresses, article title, article summary, key words, information to contact with the corresponding author).
4.2. Title page. The title page should start with the following information:
1) family names and initials of the authors;
2) the title of the article (to increase citation, it is recommended not to give the geographical indications in the title);
3) the full name of the institution where each author works, in the nominative case, with mandatory indication of the affiliation to department or ministry;
4) postal code of the institution, city, country;
5) information about each author: full name, academic degree, academic title, position, e-mail address of the author, ORCID;
6) information about the author for correspondence: full name, academic degree, academic title, position, e-mail, ORCID, mobile phone.
If there are several authors, each name and the corresponding institution must have a numeric index. If all the authors of the article work in the same institution just specify the institution once. If the author has several institutions of work, each one is indicated by a separate numeric index.
4.3. Authorship. The authors of the article may be persons who have made a significant contribution to the work, its revision or correction, final approval for publication, as well as those responsible for the integrity of all parts of the manuscript. Persons who have performed other roles in the preparation of the article (statisticians, language specialists, technical staff, etc.) can be indicated in the «Acknowledgements» section of the article in Russian, English, or both languages.
Number of authors: in original articles – without restrictions, in reviews – 3-4 authors, in descriptions of individual clinical cases – 2-3 authors. Authors must provide links to their profile on http://orcid.org (the profile must be fully completed in English, including links to publications).
Authors: Ivanov A.A., Petrov B. B., Sidorov V.V.
The form for identifying of potential conflicts of interest is contained in the «Article Submission Form». Information about conflicts of interests or their absence should be provided in the article in the section «Conflict of interests» in Russian and English. If there is no conflict of interests, it is necessary to specify: «Authors declare no conflict of interests».
4.4. Funding. If the study and/or preparation of the article had financial support, the source of funding should be indicated. If there was no financial support, its absence also should be indicated. This information should be provided in the section «Funding».
4.5. Summary. The summary of the article is the main source of information in domestic and foreign information systems and databases that index the journal. The summary should state only the essential facts of the work, avoiding lengthy arguments. In original articles, the summary should be structured – repeat the structure of the article, including the introduction, aim of the study, material and methods, results, conclusion.
The summary should be accompanied by several keywords that reflect the main topic of the article and facilitate the classification of work in computer search engines. Keywords are separated by commas. The summary and keywords must be submitted in both Russian and English.
4.6. Plan of the original articles. The structure of original articles must correspond to the IMRAD format (Introduction, Methods, Results and Discussion). The plan of the original articles should be as follows: summary and keywords in Russian, summary and keywords in English; introduction; material and methods; results; discussion; general conclusion or conclusions in points (at the choice of the authors).
The introduction gives a brief overview of relevant data, justification of the novelty and significance of the study identifies the outstanding issues and put clear goals and objectives, explaining further study. It is recommended to avoid long analyses and long historical excursions.
The section «Material and methods» should contain information about where and when the study was performed; criteria for including and excluding of patients, experimental animals; a description of the research method (cohort, prospective, randomized drug trial, retrospective, series of observations); a detailed description of the new drug, method, modification, experiment, a brief description of the protocol (Standard Operating Protocol – SOP). Modern methods of statistical data processing should be used.
The results of the study and discussion should be described in different sections. The Results should be clear and concise. Data should be presented in absolute numbers and percentages, with a 95% confidence interval (95% CI) and a p value specified. The Discussion section provides a convincing explanation of the results and shows their significance.
4.7. Medical products should be listed only in the form of international non-patented names that are used first, then, if necessary, the trade names of drugs registered in Russia (in accordance with the State register of medicinal products, https://grls.rosminzdrav.ru/Default.aspx). It is preferable that the names of enzymes correspond to the Enzyme Nomenclature standard (http://www.chem.qmul.ac.uk/iubmb/enzyme/). It is preferable that inherited or family diseases correspond to the international classification of inherited conditions in humans («Mendelian Inheritance in Man», http://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Omim). The names of microorganisms should be verified in accordance with an international database that contains updated up-to-date information (http://gcm.wfcc.info).
4.8. Abbreviations. The manuscript may be accompanied by a dictionary of terms (unclear, which may cause the difficulties when reading). In addition to common abbreviations of units of measurement, physical, chemical and mathematical quantities and terms (for example, DNA), abbreviations of phrases that are often repeated in the text are allowed. All letter marks and abbreviations entered by the author must be deciphered in the text when they are first mentioned. Abbreviations of simple words are not allowed, even if they are often repeated. Doses of medicines and units of measurement of physical quantities must be specified in the SI system. Use a comma in decimals: 0,35.
4.9. Requirements for illustrations. Each image is submitted as a separate file, which must be signed for convenience (Ivanov. Figure 1). The place where the drawing should be wrapped indicates in the text of article. the caption under the drawing must be incerted in the same place. It is necessary to use a uniform system of letter symbols and image scaling; images must be sequentially numbered in the text. Illustration file formats: eps, tiff; resolution – at least 300 dpi.
4.10. Tables. It must be indicated the table number (if there are more than one table) and give it a title. Abbreviations of words are not allowed in tables. All numbers in the tables must match the numbers in the text.
4.11. Mathematical formulas. Mathematical equations should be represented as editable text, not as images. Variables should be indicated in italics. Equations should be numbered in order.
4.12. Bibliographic lists. In the «Infectious diseases: News, Opinions, Training» journal the Vancouver style of citation is used (references in the list are numbered not alphabetically, but as they are mentioned in the text, regardless of the language in which the work is given).
In original articles, it is preferably to cite no more than 20 sources, in reviews – no more than 60, in lectures and other materials – no more than 15. The bibliography should contain, in addition to the main works, publications over the past 5 years, primarily articles from journals, links to highly cited sources, including Scopus and Web of Science. It is necessary to include any other additional information, if known, such as DOI, PMID, and so on.
Bibliographic references in the text of the article are indicated by [numbers] in square brackets. Make sure that all references given in the text are present in the list of references (and vice versa).
Abbreviations of journal titles should be given in accordance with the List of Title Word Abbreviations (list of abbreviations). Links to Internet sources must be reliable and long-lasting. At least the full URL and the date when the link became available should be given.
Do not refer to dissertations and abstracts of dissertations, as well as unpublished data and retracted (recalled from print) articles. Self-citation is permissible only if absolutely necessary (in the literature review – no more than 3–5 references).
The authors are responsible for the correctness of the bibliographic data.
Examples of «References» list:
Materials of scientific congresses and conferences
5. Articles submission.Articless and accompanying documents can be submitted to the editorial office by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (for Yuri V. Martynov) or email@example.com (for Olga N. Krasnikova) (the text of the article is submitted only in Microsoft Word format, and accompanying documents with original signatures are attached to the letter in PDF format, see paragraph 4.1). It is aso possible to submit the article (and all materials to it) in electronic form via the journal's website using the «Submit article» service.
6. Author's copies of the journalare provided (please contact the editorial office).
7. Publication fee:not charged.
Рентгенология в сочельник Научно-практическая конференция в онлайн-формате 25 декабря 2020 года 25 декабря 2020 года состоялась традиционная научно-практическая конференция Российского общества радиологов и рентгенологов. По инициативе президента РОРР, подобные мероприятия...
XV Международный конгресс по репродуктивной медицине 19-21 января 2021 года в онлайн-формате состоится XV Международный конгресс по репродуктивной медицине . Цель конгресса по репродуктивной медицине - улучшение качества оказания помощи в планировании семьи и рождении детей...
Проект "Школы РОАГ" выходит на общероссийский уровень В 2021 году Школы РОАГ выходят на новый - всероссийский уровень. География проекта охватит все федеральные округа! Школы пройдут в 18 городах, а онлайн-технологии помогут присоединиться к образовательному процессу...